Friday, November 12, 2010

Workin' it out!

The last time I worked out with a trainer, I puked. It was a meat headed, young hot shot of a dude who didn't even try to hide his contempt for rounder ladies. He kicked my ass and seemed to mock me in the process. I was doing the "free" session offered at most big gyms and I realized, during his diatribe about how I'm not a committed person because I've been fit before and I'm not now, that this wasn't the place for me. Peace out!

I have stayed out of gyms since last year when I joined one of those "come in anytime you'd like and we'll leave you along gyms." Things were great until they hired a new trainer who was a "hoverer" and wouldn't take "no thanks!" for an answer.

Ever since, I have avoided that gym, and any gym, like the plague. Until today.

Thanks to some random Facebook clicking, I found Mandy at Mod Your Body Fitness, who trains at a gym near my house. Two days later I'm at the gym working out and not feeling like a total jackass, thanks to her gentle methods and encouragement! Also, no puking, which is pretty awesome.

So now I'm going to add a once a week 1/2 hour training session with Mandy to my fitness regimen. Before I know it, I'll be stronger, fitter and looking hot in shorts - win!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so great to have you, Sarah! Thank you for letting me be part of your success :).

Post a Comment