Friday, February 18, 2011

Nightclub Cardio - AKA shake it like you'r sellin' it!


I love dancing. I'm not good at it, I'm not coordinated and I can't always *bring it* but I still really, really enjoy it. A few years back, Erin found out about a new thing in town called Nightclub Cardio and we all decided to give it a whirl. Man am I glad I did!

Not knowing what to expect, we all arrived at a literal nightclub and registered. There were all types of people there - big, small, uber fit, not-so-fit and everyone in between.

The class turned out to be less of a dance class and more of an aerobics class, which was actually much better. I can do aerobics, but in a dance class I tend to spaz out (see: Alla and Sarah's adventure at a hip hop class and the resulting spin into a super hip hop gentleman who was super nice about it). It's like dancing for the coordinationally challenged!

I have no idea why I love it so much, but every class there is a time when I'm smiling so hard I start to giggle. It's not an easy class and sometimes I'm dying whilst doing some sort of squat thrust, hip jiggle thing, but it's so so much fun. I do recall the male instructor once tell us to "Shake it like you're sellin' it!" and bursting into laughter while shaking it. Like I was sellin' it. So much fun.

So now Nightclub Cardio has become one of my favorite ways to vary my workouts - it's always different, always fun and gives me a whole hour of intense cardio for the week. It's the perfect bridge between bootcamp on Tuesdays and Thursday!

What ways do you like to mix it up when it comes to exercise?

0 comments:

Post a Comment